• X-rays are achieved by using low dose radiation to obtain images of internal structures of the body including bone, air and soft tissue.
• Sensitivity to radiation is largely age dependent; children are more sensitive than adults. We therefore protect certain areas with lead gowns.
• Please inform the radiographer if there is a possibility of pregnancy as x-rays are contra-indicated in pregnancy.
• An x-ray examination is a quick and painless procedure for which you prepare by removing all metal artefacts from the area of interest. If necessary a gown may be worn during the examination.
• X-rays are used to diagnose disease or injury and to determine improvement of pathology.
• The results are interpreted by a certified Radiologist.
• These results will then be sent in a report to be discussed by the referring specialist and the patient.
Hyperlife Medical Centre © | All Rights Reserved | Website by WEBlogic